Broccoli Buddha Bowl
- 1 can chickpeas, drained and rinsed (or save some coin 💵 and get home grown, Aussie chickpeas and pre-soak the night before - for the best, you can’t go past a pack from the Dirty range @dirtyinc )
- 2 heads organic broccoli, chopped into florets
- 3 medium organic carrots, chopped (1 heaping cup)
- 1 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- 2 cups cooked quinoa (@natureslaneaustralia quinoa works wonders)
- 1/4 cup @naturesdelightaustralia smooth peanut butter (as the pack says it’s got ‘100% Nuts and Nothing Else’)
- 1/4 cup almond milk (more if needed to thin)
- 1 tbsp + 1 tsp reduced sodium soy sauce (sub tamari for gluten-free)
- Splash of lime juice or rice vinegar (optional)
- 1 tsp minced ginger (optional) and a pinch red pepper flakes (optional)
Preheat oven to 200°C. Line a baking sheet with baking paper. Place chickpeas, broccoli, and carrots on baking sheet. Season with olive oil and a good pinch of salt and pepper, stirring to combine.
Roast for 20-25 minutes, stirring halfway through.
Meanwhile, cook your grains.
Place peanut butter in a medium bowl and microwave for about 20 seconds (optional, but this will make it easier to stir). Add almond milk, soy sauce, maple syrup, ginger, and red pepper flakes and whisk until smooth.
Assemble bowls by placing grains at the bottom topped with veggie mixture and plenty of peanut sauce.