Hot Apple, Cinnamon & Banana Bread Loaf
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 Tablespoon all-purpose flour
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 3/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 1/2 cups mashed ripe, darkly speckled Goodness Me Organic bananas
- 1/4 cup buttermilk
- 2 large eggs
- 6 Tablespoons unsalted butter, melted and cooled
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 1/4 cups small diced (peeled) Goodness Me Organic Granny Smith apples (grown locally in the Adelaide Hills)
Preheat the oven to 350°F. Line a 9-inch loaf pan with parchment paper then grease the parchment paper with cooking spray.
In a large bowl, whisk together 2 cups of flour with the sugar, baking soda, cinnamon and salt. Set the bowl aside.
In a separate medium bowl, whisk together the mashed bananas, buttermilk, eggs, melted butter and vanilla extract.
Add the wet ingredients to the dry ingredients and stir just until combined.
In a small bowl, combine the diced apples with 1 Tablespoon flour, tossing until they’re thoroughly coated. Fold in the diced apples then pour the batter into the prepared loaf pan.
Bake the bread for about 55 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted comes out clean. 7. Remove the bread from the oven and allow it to cool in the pan for 10 minutes before transferring the loaf to a cooling rack to cool.