Spinach, Ricotta & Feta Quiche
- Melted butter, for greasing
- 2 packets of fresh, organic spinach
- 200g ricotta
- 4 eggs, at room temperature
- 3 green shallots, trimmed, thinly sliced
- Salt and ground black pepper, to taste
- 100g Bulgarian feta, crumbled
- 6 sheets filo pastry, thawed
- 2 ½ tablespoons olive oil
- 20g (1/4) cup finely shredded parmesan
Preheat oven to 220 °C. Brush a shallow 23cm fluted flat tin with removable base with melted butter to grease.
Use your hands to squeeze the liquid from the spinach. Use electric beaters to beat the ricotta in a medium bowl until almost smooth. Add the effs one at a time, beating well after teach addition until well combined. Add the spinach, green shallots, pepper and half of the feta, and use a wooden spoon to mix until well combined.
Lay 1 sheet of filo on a flat surface. Place 1 ½ tablespoons of oil in a small dish. Brush filo with a little oil, place another sheet of filo on top and brush with ooil again. Repeat this process with remaining filo. Brush top sheet lightly with oil. Place layered filo in greased tin and trim the excess. Spoon spinach mixture into pastry-lined tin and smooth the surface. Sprinkle with the reaiming feta and parmesan. Bake in preheated oven for 20-25 minutes or until filling is golden. When complete, cut into wedges and enjoy!
Recipe inspo by: https://www.taste.com.au/recipes/spinach-ricotta-feta-quiche/23dbeb96-5828-4598-a591-6242e754773a