- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 500g potatoes, peeled and cubed
- 530g broccoli, cut into florets (organic of course)
- 1 litre quality chicken liquid stock (vegans/vegetarians can switch for a vegetable stock)
- 120g baby spinach (look for locally grown Spinach for taste and freshness)
- 1/2 cup pure cream (optional)
Heat oil in a large saucepan and gently cook onion and garlic until onion has softened. Add broccoli and potato and continue to cook for a further 5mins. Keep stirring the pan so nothing burns.
Add the stock, season, cover and to the boil. Once boiling reduce heat and simmer for 20mins or until the potato has softened. Add spinach and cook for 2 mins (no more) before setting aside to cool to warm.
Blend until smooth before returning to the pan to heat on a low heat. Add pure cream (optional) and heat for a further minutes. Serve with a fresh crusty bread.